Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's a new year!

It's 2008! Weird. Ugh. I can't believe I'm going to be 25 this year.

So Christmas already came and went. We had a really fun one this year. Diego got sooo spoiled. Not by us. By the grandparents. He thought ripping presents over was the best thing ever. I took a million and a half pictures with my brand new camera that Marcelo gave me right before Christmas. It was such a huge surprise! I had never even asked him for a camera. He just knew that I loved photography and that someday I would love to have a good camera. Someday. I had nooooo idea he was even thinking about getting one now. So when he showed up with a McDonald's bag (with a salad I had asked for), I opened it up, searching for my yummy Asian salad, and found a Canon Rebel XT instead and just started crying. It was such a great surprise. Sooooo, I'm loving it and have already taken like 700 pictures. No exaggeration.
Anyway, so back to Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve with my family. We had a big crazy party like always. We danced and talked, and ate ate ate. And then opened presents.
Here's our little fam.

Tato and Tata My favorite picture. It *almost* captures the sheer joy of opening toys and more toys.


A cute one of Marcelo under my parents' tree.
We spent Christmas day with the ILs (in-laws). I didn't really take many pictures that day, but here's a couple we took at Church the Sunday before.

What? No one's crying?Oh. There it is. That's more like it.

Michelle made the vests to match the girl's dresses. They were satin, so they ended up looking like they were singing in a choir. But it was still cute!
We didn't really have our own Christmas until after we came home from the ILs. Diego opened a few presents from us, took a nap, and then we went back to my IL's for dinner. And that was our Christmas! Lots of family, lots of love, lots of food, and lots of toys to get rid of to make room for the new ones!

No comments: