Friday, March 21, 2008

It's getting better all the time...

I've done laundry everyday for 4 days. It's a miracle. I folded it and put it away and everything. I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm pretty proud of my kids.

You see, I have a very very needy 2 year old. He loves constant attention. He is terrible at playing alone. So the fact that I was able to do laundry and fold it and put it away means......he was able to entertain himself!!! That's a big step. Especially after the month he just had of having tons and tons of attention on a daily basis. Now that it's back to just me, him, and the little guy all day everyday, I thought it was going to be quite the nightmare and that I could forget about getting anything done. But no! I've cleaned my room, cleaned his room, and I've even kept the kitchen clean! If someone came knocking on my door right now, I wouldn't have to turn off the tv and run and hide. And that feels nice.

Trust me, I know how sad that is. It should be like this all the time. But Diego makes it pretty impossible. So now I'm working on making him play alone for a little while everyday. Another awesome thing is that he and Marcelito are finally trying to play together. Well, kind of. They pay a lot more attention to each other, and Marcelito wants to be wherever Diego is. And they talk to each other in the car. This is what it sounds like:

Marcelito: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Diego: hahahaha, Baby!
Marcelito: hahaha.....uhhhhhhhhhhh
Diego: hahaha, Baby talking to you!

I love it.

No comments: