Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sea World!

Two days ago, Marcelo was supposed to take an FCC test. But thanks to a local arsonist, the city he was supposed to take the test in was basically on fire and the test was cancelled. With nothing to do on a free day off of work, Marcelo suggested we go somewhere fun with the kids. We were going to go to Downtown Disney to just walk around, but on our way there, Marcelo spotted a sign for Sea World and said, "How much does that cost? Let's go there." He is not really a spur-of-the-moment kind of guy. He's a plan-ahead kind of guy. I love that he's very organized and analytical in his decision making, but seeing this spontaneous side was really fun!

We weren't sure if Diego would enjoy it because he hates to sit still and one of the best parts of Sea World is the shows. But he loved it! We only went to one show, Shamu, (where I didn't take a single picture because of the 9 month old jumping in my lap) and Diego did pretty well sitting through it. He looooved the rides. I love seeing him so happy! It turned out to be a really great day, and the best part is that for the price of just one day, we can go back all year! Marcelo and I will be planning some date nights to their luau. I'm so excited!


Classic Sea World picture

He loved this ride! He went on it twice.


This picture is a total fake. Shockingly, he didn't like getting wet. He wouldn't let go of Marcelo's hand and was like, "I wanna put clothes on now" and "Wanna get dry." But I was like, "Okay, just smile first" and this was the face he gave me long enough for my camera to capture it, before he almost started crying.

Marcelito had fun, too.
No really, he did.
This was Diego's absolute favorite part: Touching stingrays. I'm quite surprised Marcelo could handle being that close to stingrays, what with his near death experience a couple summers ago.
I guess he's moved past that traumatic "attack". (I'm teasing. I know it was real.)
All in all, it was fabulous day. I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh my gosh Nat- that looks like so much fun!

Morgan Hagey said...

AHH! So fun! I love Sea World, I haven't been in years. (Literally 20...)