Monday, February 23, 2009

Sick Update

I know you are all on the edge of your seats.

Early this morning, my mom sent me a text (yes, my mom text messages me...she's hip) asking what I was doing today. I told her I was super sick, so she asked if I wanted her to come to my house. I was trying to be tough, so I texted back, "No, I'll be okay" because I knew she needed to work today. A little while later, I wrote my post about being deathly ill. I was thinking, "How on earth am I going to make it through this day??" I was curled up on the couch, the kids were watching tv, the house was a mess, and the doorbell rang. I was like, oh no. I looked absolutely atrocious and so did the house. My kids and I were still in our pjs, and I'm pretty sure Celo had a load in his pants. Just sayin'. I was in bad bad shape. So (naturally) I peeked through the blinds before deciding to open the door, and saw my mom's shoes. I opened the door and just started bawling. I was so glad she didn't listen to me when I told her not to come. I don't know what I would have done without her. I felt soooo sick.

This came on very suddenly. While I was at church yesterday, I had this annoying little cough, but I thought it was just a tickle in my throat because otherwise, I felt totally fine. By around 5pm, I started to feel weak. By the time I went to bed, I was feverish, couldn't stop coughing, and could NOT get warm enough. I had chills and was just freezing!! And my whole body was so sore. When I woke up this morning, I felt like I had been hit by a mac truck. My whole body hurt and I had a horrible cough. This afternoon I went to the doc and they confirmed I have the flu. I don't think I've ever had the actual flu. I wouldn't recommend it. So I am now on some sort of inhaled medication. Hopefully it works.

Tomorrow, my mother-in-law is taking the boys! That is going to be such a blessing. I know I sound like such a baby, but this thing has really kicked me in the tush.

I'm so thankful for mommies and mother-in-laws!

This post has taken me such a long time to write because I'm still feeling so cold, so I keep having to take a break to get under the covers to warm up. My fingers are like ice and the house is 80 degrees.

4 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Yeah, the real flu is awful! I hope you feel better fast. :)

Heidi said...

You're so lucky to have moms close by. I'm glad they are taking care of you. When you're sick, you just need your mom! (Especially when you're a mom, and you have kids to take care of while you're sick!)

I hope you get better quickly.

cheryl said...

Oh Natalie.... Feel better soon, okay????

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

UGH!!! I feel for you! I have never had the flu...knock...kncok...and I don't EVER want it. And you SO DON"T sound like a baby, more like a mommy who needs some TLC. Feel better soon!