8 years ago
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Mini Vacation
Marcelo and I got a little vacation from parenthood. On Tuesday they told us to pack enough clothes for the kids for two days and drop the kids off at their house. And who are we to argue? So we dropped them off and headed out to dinner and a movie. It was wonderful. When we got home, we started a little cleaning spree that I continued the whole day on Wednesday. It was pretty blissful to clean each room of the house without interruptions! I played online, listened to loud music, and went to the post office and the store all by myself. We ate dinner out again, and then did massive amounts of laundry. Loads and loads. Then Marcelo started feeling sick. He ended up not going to work today, and since he was feeling pretty bad, we sat on the couch and ate breakfast while watching a movie. And then we folded more laundry. And then the kids came home.
Perhaps I should have taken more advantage and curled up in bed with a book or rented a cute chick-click. But it feels sooooooooo good to cross so many little projects off my to-do list.
I'm so so grateful for parents who have the time/energy/desire to spend so much time with my kids! The boys were not at all happy to come home. When they got here, as soon as my mom walked into the house, Celo said, "Cwose da doh." (Close the door.) He knew she was about to try to leave and he didn't want her to escape. Diego told my mom that he wanted to "spend the night for 100 nights." I love that they have such a good relationship.
Thanks again Mom and Dad!! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
your parents ARE awesome! what a nice little break. I have so many little things I need to get done around the house, but all the interruptions from the kids are my excuses as to why they're not done, lol!
That is soooo nice! Way to go Mom and Dad. I hope I remember to be that nice when I'm a grandparent.
PRINSURINA!!!!
We are always ready to spend time with the boys. They are our joy, they fill our lives with sparks!!!
We are IN LOVE with babicines!!!
They are the BBBBBBBBBEST!!!
Thanks for your sweet words SUR SUR SUR!!!
Love you,
Mamá
How blessed you are to have family close by!
Post a Comment