My "golden" birthday was great! It's good to be 27. Even if a six year old in church today tried to rob me of 6 years. The kids all sang a birthday song to me in primary today, and a few kids started whispering, "How old is she?" A six year old boy very matter of factly said, "She's in her thirties. She's 33." Not yet, young lad. But thanks.
So Friday night's seviche (ceviche, whatever) was delicious. And the tres leches cake was yummy. Oh, yeah, and hanging out with family was fun, too. :)
On Saturday, the kids gave me my much anticipated make up. I couldn't believe how well they did! They bought me two different nail polishes that I loved, mascara, lip gloss, and foundation. The only thing I had to return was the foundation. Amazingly, they chose the right color, but I don't wear foundation, so I exchanged it for eye shadow. Diego wanted me to wear everything right away, but the poor confused boy thought the bright red nail polish he bought me was lipstick. He was pretty sad that I couldn't put it on my lips.
In the morning, my parents, hubster, kids, and I made the one and a half hour trek to IKEA. Loooove that store. I had my staple for breakfast: toast with cream cheese and strawberry jelly. Then my dad bought me a Boston Cream donut for "second breakfast". (I have two breakfasts while preggo. And yes, this post will talk about food a lot.)
I bought a bunch of little things at IKEA. Mostly things for Eliana's room. And some kitchen gadgets. That's what happens when you're a mom. The most exciting things become things for your kids and things for your kitchen. At least for me. A new garlic press? YES! 99 cent spatulas? Hooray! The major bummer was that the number one thing on my IKEA shopping list was nowhere to be found! I wanted to get new silverware for the kiddos (I looove their kiddie silverware, plates, bowls, and cups), but they were out! Oh well. I guess I'll have to go back soon. Big sacrifice.
After our shopping trip, we went to lunch. I chose TGIFridays for ONE reason. Okay, two reasons. ONE: Their delicious chipotle steak sandwich with sweet plantains on top. TWO: Their fabulous virgin mojitos. And guess what? That steak sandwich is discontinued!! I was so bummed. At least I got my moijto. Afterwards, my uncle called to wish me a happy bday. I relayed the steak sandwich story to him because I knew he would understand. I said, "For me, my birthday is all about the food." He said, "For me, life is all about the food." Someone gets me.
When we got home, I took a heavenly nap, and then Marcelo took me to Target to finish our day of shopping. This time I actually bought something for me and only me. But I also bought Eliana the cutest rug ever for her room. Love it!
And then the major spoiling set in. I was still a tad bit bummed that I had missed out on that steak sandwich, so Marcelo said, "What will satisfy your food cravings?" I said, "Sushi." And my wish was granted. We picked up some sushi and I sat down in front of the tv to eat it at 10pm. And it was dang good.
Stop judging me. I'm 7 months pregnant.
8 years ago

3 comments:
Love it! It sounds like it was a great day!
first off, happy birthday!!!
secondly, while pregnant with Ruthie, I CRAVED Chili's grilled chicken Caribbean salad...went there one day during my 6th or 7th trimester to discover they had DISCONTINUED it! I flat out told the waitress to send over the manager and told him, he should NEVER discontinue a pregnant woman's craving...he couldn't do anything for me and I have not bee back to chili's since! that'll serve them right ;)
I am really wanting to go to Ikea again sometime...I'm intrigued about these kids plates and such, why so awesome?
Happy Birthday!!! You are such a youngin' still. Who doesn't love food for their birthday, it is a guilt free day to eat whatever you want.
Post a Comment