Monday, May 24, 2010

3 More Days

THREE. Ahhhhh! But I've got everything pretty much under control. Well, everything except my kids.


Last week, I went to the park with my good friend and at one point, our crazy boys ran into the street. As we were sprinting over to them, I slammed my shoulder blade into the playground equipment, causing me to fall to the ground. 9 months pregnant. I jumped back up, ran to Celo, scooped him up and started the "Never never never never" speech about running into the street. In the moment, he acted like he knew how serious I was and looked like he was about to cry. As the day went on, however, he started to question me. "But why? Why I can't go in the street?" I said that he would get big big owies, to which he responded, "And I go to the hospital?" He thinks the hospital is cool because he knows that's where I'm going to have the baby. So big owies that send him to the hospital can't be bad, right? Ugh.


Also, as the day went on, my body got more and more sore. The sprinting/falling resulted in a pulled muscle, which has been causing me to limp for days. Not good on the last few days before having this baby! I wanted to get a lot more done, but I've just been too sore and uncomfortable. Today I feel MUCH better, though. And like I said, most things that need to be done are under control.


BUT. My children. Ohhhh, my children. I don't know if it's because they know their lives are about to change, or what, but they are both acting up a ton. More specifically, they are acting like babies. Diego has been crying over everything. He'll get the tiniest little scratch or bump, or some type of small injury, and cries like his life is over. Or Celo will say something mean to him and he'll burst into hysterical tears. He's Mr. Sensitivity these days, crying over eeeeeverything. And then there's Celo. He will not stop talking like a baby. The kid is 100% capable of speaking in clear, full sentences. But no, now he talks like this, "Uhhhhhhhhhh! Naaaaaahhhhhhh!" He just makes little noises, does a dramatic pouty face, and points at what he wants. I tell him I don't understand him when he talks like that and ask him to try again using a big boy voice, but he refuses. He just keeps pointing and grunting. I take away his cars or his puppy because those are "big boy toys, not baby toys", but it doesn't phase him. He's so stubborn!!


It's pretty frustrating. They both seem excited about the baby, and I always try to make it all about them and make them feel special about being big brothers, so I don't know what the deal is. I'm getting them each a little present to give them when they come meet their baby sister in the hospital, but I don't know what else to do. My plan is to make it a really fun couple of days before the baby comes. Today we went on a playdate that they asbolutely loved. They got to swim, run, ride things with wheels, play with dogs, play in sprinklers, and get all their energy out. (Now they're napping.) Tomorrow, Marcelo and I are going to take them out to do something really fun as a family. Then Wednesday they're off to Tata's house for the rest of the week. They understand this and they know they'll be coming to visit me everyday. They seem to like the idea, but we'll see how it goes.

I can't believe she'll be here so soon!

2 comments:

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

I am so excited for you! I was wondering how you were doing after that fall. Glad it didn't send you into labor! Will be thinking and praying for you guys on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of your family about to change so much made me think of the best new baby advice someone gave me so maybe it will help your boys. She told me that when everyone is making comments about the beautiful new baby and wanting to hold her use that time to give the boys attention. Make sure that when the baby is getting others atttention they get yours. I found it really worked and actually gave me time with the older one that I really needed and wanted. They know you love and they will feel it. You are in my thoughts and prayers.