Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Boys

This morning Diego came to me with his pockets full of cars and looked at me all innocently and said, "Mommy, I'm not taking any cars to school." Lied right to my face. He is completely positive that he's smarter than me. I said, "Diego, that's a lie and that's not nice. You can't take your cars to school. You can take them in the car, but you need to take them out of your pockets when we get there." He stared thoughtfully at me for a second and then this conversation ensued:
Diego: "You'll forget."
Me: "Forget what?"
Diego: "When we get to school, you'll forget to tell me to take them out of my pockets."

I couldn't hold back my laughter. It was so funny to me that he's smart enough to pick up on the fact that I am quite forgetful. I really would have forgotten. Which is why I made him take the cars out of his pockets right then and there. Who's the smart one now?


Also, I got my first, "I don't like you" from one of my children this morning. As if I even need to say it, it came from Celo. Diego has never said that to me. This morning, Celo was being a grump and a half and kept throwing his trains. He wouldn't listen to me, so I finally took the trains away. He made the meanest face possible and said, "I don't like you." I was appalled. I probably should have given him a nice, calm, "I'm sad that you said that", disappointed kind of talk. But instead I may have firmly forbidden him from ever saying that to me again. Which, I'm sure, won't be effective at all.

Here they are harrassing their sister and pretending to cry like her. She's going to have to be a tough one with these two as her brothers.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your stories! They remind me of my little bros. I grew up the only girl of 3 and boy oh boy there were adventures. One time my littlest brother screamed a swear word at my mom. She made him eat soap....to which he told her, "yum mommy, I want some more." He was absolutely impossible to dsicipline.

Kimberly said...

I got my first "I hate you" from Aerie after she was a complete twerp at Publix, and I was giving her a talking-to in the car on the way home. I don't remember what I said back, but I do remember how jarring it felt!

Michelle said...

Oh goodness, I'm sorry to scare you with my soap story! I am going to be 100% honest though, my littlest brother was a terror, a complete terror. I'm the oldest of 3 so there's me, my next brother who was very sweet and calm and my youngest brother who my mom has mentioned several times that if he had come in the place of my other brother she would never have had another child.

Well, as for getting better.....eh, she never really could discipline him when he was younger because seriously, he was undisciplinable, (not a word but you get what I mean). But then he started growing up and you would think that he would have given them a run for their money when he was a teen but honestly I think he got everything out of his system between the ages of 2-6. So...I guess it was a good thing that they didn't have to deal with a wild teenager. LOL