Friday, December 30, 2005

Sadness

I'm at work, trying to ignore the stuff I have to do.

I just want to cry right now.

There is too much sadness in the world. There are too many bad things happening to good people. It's not fair. It makes me furious and so sad. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

It's such a risk we take in this life to love people because we just set ourselves up for pain. None of us can escape it......at one point or another, we're going to lose someone we love. And it's gonna hurt. But we can't stop it.

I'm terrified right now of how much I already love this little baby inside of me. He hasn't even been born yet and I'm already preparing myself for the lifetime of worries and heartache that come with being someone's mother.

I would be easier to be one of those people that just closes their heart off to everyone so they never get hurt. Thinking about all the sadness just makes me think, well, if I didn't let myself feel anything, I'd be fine. But somehow, I'm not one of those people. So there will be tears in my life. Lots and lots of tears.

But hopefully, that means lots and lots of love, too.

No comments: