Would you like to know some interesting news about my cervix? I am one centimeter dialated and 50% effaced. So the process has begun.
I'm not overly excited because I am aware that I could be dialated to a 1 for weeks and weeks to come.
I can't believe I only have 3 weeks and 2 days till my due date! Time has flown. Tomorrow is my last day at work, which means it will be the last day I have to deal with training my replacement who knows NOTHING about computers. No, you don't understand. NOTHING. Like, not even the difference between the caps lock key and the tab key. Any idea how to cut and paste? No. When I right click, she says, "How did you get that little box to pop up?" Are you serious???
Not to be a computer snob, but SHEESH. It's just not fair that I had to have a bachelor's degree to get this job, and she dropped out of school in 9th grade and gets to have it. But this world is all about connections and her aunt works at the paper. So there you have it.
Back to my cervix. I'm scared. But ready. Bring it on. I just want to get it over with. I'm tired of all the waiting. And I still have three weeks. Imagine me when I'm a week overdue. Ohhh, I'll be bummed if that happens.
Baby Diego can't come next week though because my parents will be in Paris. I don't want to go into labor while they're gone. I need my mommy to hold my hand....and possibly save my husband's life when I am screaming, "You did this to me!" Just kidding, I'm not going to be a psycho pregnant chick. Or who knows, maybe I will be. No.....I don't think so. I think I'll be really quiet and just concentrate. That's how I usually am with pain. That's how my mom was with all three labors. We'll see. Maybe I'll surprise myself and be like one of those women on A Baby Story who yell and scream and moan and make faces. Whatever I do, I'm sure I'll be writing it in detail later.
Stay tuned.
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment