Friday, May 9, 2008

OCD

This is yet another post about Diego.

I'm pretty sure he's Obsessive Compulsive. Why? Because of things like this:Every time he plays with his cars, or "Mustangs", as he calls all the Hot Wheels, he ends up lining them up like this at some point.

Note the concentration:


Admiring his work:

Other OCD characteristics:
  • He can't handle hangnails. He comes to me and wants me to cut them off immediately. He'll be like, "Mommy, cut nails!" Or "Bite it!" (I think his father taught him that one.)

  • He can't handle when his lips are chapped and there's a little dry skin on them. He tugs and tugs at the dry skin until he bleeds. Here he is playing with his lips:

  • When he's playing with his trains, he lines them up on the track, much like the cars, and slowly pulls them around the track all together. If one falls off the tracks, he gets very upset, jumps up and says, "Oh no! Train fall down!" If a lot of them fall, he'll deal with it one time. But if it happens again....back away. He throws himself on the floor and covers his eyes and starts crying out of frustration.

He actually hasn't done the last one in awhile. And I'm mostly joking about the OCD. I don't really think he is. I know he's going through a phase that a lot of kids go through. They get frustrated easily if they have a hard time doing something. Still, Marcelo and I make fun of his OCD-like tendencies. But we love his little quirks! They crack us up.

4 comments:

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

Sounds EXACTLY like another oldest boy I know!

Anonymous said...

That's soooo cute!

-Ani

Anonymous said...

i think he really might be ocd, i'll look into that... he's a cute kid

Abejita Industriosa said...

!Ay! mi chiquirín qué patrones tan perrrrrrfectos!!!! Yo te amo mi muñeco.

Abuelita