Monday, September 15, 2008

Marcelo Evan Eats Grass

We went to the park the other day with my uncle Leo and his wife, who were visiting from Colombia. They sat with my parents in the shade, while I followed my kids around trying to take pictures. What else is new, right?

These are all of Marcelo because Diego is a bit harder to catch. He's too fast for me.

I never know how other people see my pictures. Am I the only one who likes them? I play and play with them in photoshop, and then I ask Marcelo to come help me tame my eye because sometimes I take the editing too far. The problem is that all my pictures are of my kids, so of course I'm going to think they're cute, even if they're horrible. I need to take pictures of other people's kids so I can be less biased. Anyway, right now I'm just doing this for myself because I love it and it's really fun, but I also want to know how other people see my pictures. Because I'll look at one and think, Hmmm, the lighting isn't great, or the focus isn't right, or whatever, but I'm not sure exactly how to fix them. I know I can't learn everything overnight, but I'm so impatient and I want to learn everything NOW.

Anyway, here's a little series called Marcelo Evan Eats Grass.

Here's my future soccer player, walking towards the goal.

Just taking a little rest.

Cool, what's this?

Marcelo, what have you got there? Don't put it in your mouth.

Marcelo Evan. I said don't eat it!

Oh, you mean like this, Mommy?

2 comments:

Carly said...

I think the pictures are beautiful and adorable! And I agree about the photoshop. Sometimes I photoshop the pics into oblivion and they don't even look like the original. lol.

Maria said...

You pictures are always great. I've noticed you've improved a lot since you first started. I really like the pictures that you took for Andrea those are amazing. I really like the close up of Celo behing the soccer net. I like the angle too. The first picture of Celo facing the soccer net is really good too. Keep upp the good work. I am getting into photography too. I want a better camera so I can take better pcitures.