I was in Arizona this weekend seeing my cousin get married. Marcelo took care of the boys all alone for 3 days. Poor guy. He had a ton of fun with them, though, and I found the house exactly how I left it. Not true. It was actually cleaner than how I left it.
I had a lot of fun with Arizona and got to spend a lot of time with my brother. The best part was probably sleeping in for as long as I wanted to. But I would have moments where I would miss Marcelo and the boys, so I would give them a call to get to listen to Diego's little voice. All I would hear is Diego whining and crying in the background while Marcelo and I tried to talk, and I would hang up thinking, "Yeah, I can stay here a little while longer." :)
By Sunday night, though, I was ready to come home and see all my boys. I made the mistake of not beating my parents out of the car, so my parents were the first ones the boys saw. As usual, they got super excited and wanted to be held by Tata and Tato. When I got out of the car, they didn't even look at me. Not a smile. I expected that from Diego, but not from my little mamma's boy. I tried to give him a kiss and he pushed me away because I was interrupting his time with Tato.
I held it together until we got home and the boys were in bed, but as soon as they were out for the night, I lost it. I cried and cried. What? I was jet-lagged and tired, and losing my mind just a little. So I cried. I said, "They didn't even miss me!! They don't even care that I'm back! They would be just fine without me!!" Marcelo reassured me that none of them would be fine without me, but it wasn't convincing. I didn't calm down until the next day, when I had this conversation with Diego, first thing in the morning.
D: Mommy, you Mommy?
Me: Yes, I'm Mommy.
D: You not Daddy?
Me: Nope. I'm not Daddy.
D: You not airplane anymore?
Me: No, I'm not on an airplane anymore.
D: You back?
Me: Yup.
D: (Big smile.) I happy. I love you Mommy.
For the rest of the day, he gave me big hugs and told me he loved me "so much". And I did everything he wanted to do, including a trip to the park, a walk, and dancing around the house waving a towel in the air. (I don't really know why he wanted to do that, but it made him happy.)
A funny story from Arizona:
When I was getting on the airplane at 6:30 in the morning, I had pretty much just rolled out of bed so I was wearing no make-up and my glasses. The lady who took my ticket, noticed that I was sitting in an emergency exit aisle. She was like, "Do you understand the responsibility of sitting by the exit....wait....how old are you?" I was like, "Um, 25." She said, "Oh, sorry!" and let me get on the plane. Once I was sitting down, I was like...okay, how old did she think I was? How old do you have to be to sit by the emergency exit? So I looked at the pamphlet.
You have to be 15. FIFTEEN!!!!!
I was like, you've got to be kidding me. There's no way I look 15. My dad laughed at me for like 5 mintues.
One more story. On our connection flight, I got on the plane, and the first person sitting right there in the first row was none other than Charles Barkley. I wanted to go back and ask him for a picture, but I didn't want to bother him. The whole team of high school cheerleaders on the plane didn't worry about bugging him, though, and made several trips up to ask him for his autograph. And one of them hung onto the back of my seat for like half an hour, pulling on it and driving me insane, as she sat in her friend's lap who was seated behind me. Why didn't I turn around and say, "Um, can you please stop pulling on my chair?" Because I'm retarded.
8 years ago

3 comments:
You are too funny with all of your stories. I am sure those boys missed you so much. They can't live without their mom. I know how you feel about people telling you you look like you 15. It drives me crazy!!!Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!
I'm sorry your boys didn't act like they missed you. I received the same homecoming when Steve and I left the girls with my sister and went to Vegas to celebrate our anniversary. They acted like I had never left.
Sad. I'm glad you got a better welcome the next day.
I'm glad you got to take a trip!!
Post a Comment