I should really be doing other things right now, but if I don't do this now, I won't do it at all.
This year, Halloween was a lot of fun for Diego. He totally "got" the trick-or-treating thing, and loved every minute of it. Here are the pictures to prove it.
This was the best close up I could get of him.
At first, he was a little weary of all the people walking around. But his 6 year old cousin Angela quickly appointed herself as his chaperone for the evening. She held his hand from house to house and helped him hold out his basket. She was such a little mommy! At one point, I was walking behind them, right after a crowd of some scary looking costumes had walked by. I heard Diego saying to himself, "I not scared. Angela's with me." It was so cute!!

After awhile, though, Angela realized that her 6 year old legs could cover a lot more ground than Diego's little legs, so she went ahead with the big kids, while Diego took it a little more slowly with his friend Arielle. Okay, that's not really true. He didn't take it slowly at all. He practically sprinted from house to house. He would say, "How 'bout this one mommy? Anybody's home this one?" Or "Can we do this one?" Then he would run up to the house, and ring the doorbell as many times as humanly possible before the person answered the door. And then, when the door opened, he would try to walk into the person's house. He did this several times. I kept telling him not to walk in, but he still managed to get inside the door at least 3 times. I should probably work on teaching him to be afraid of strangers, huh?
Just look at this face of pure joy. He would run back to me and say, "Mommy, I got a treat!!" It was soooo fun watching him enjoy Halloween so much. It's hard to describe how it makes you feel when you see your little one so happy, even if it's because of something so small.
Celo, on the other hand, didn't really care for Halloween. I wasn't able to get a single picture of him with his little doggy hood on, because he absolutely hated it. Best close up I could get:
We tried letting him trick or treat at one house, but all he wanted to do was run around in the lawn. 
So he spent the rest of the night riding around in his wagon. 
I'll post pictures from my parents' party separately.

1 comment:
The boys look cute as ever, my nephews are pinta! I loved hearing Diego had a wonderful time and Marcelito well thats Marcelito for now, u gotta love him.
Post a Comment