So I guess the jam-packed holidays were a bit too much for my boys. They're off schedule, a little sleep deprived, and a lot spoiled with all their new loot. We were having so much fun with the busy holiday season, that we became a little more lenient in a lot of ways. And now it's gotten out of control. How out of control? We got called to come take Diego out of nursery twice in the past two weeks! That has never happened. Apparently, he's forgotten how to listen. He thinks, "Time for the lesson" really means, "Time to run in circles around the room". It was even suggested to me that he might be ADHD.
Soooo, he is now in boot camp. We're going to stay home this week and work on our listening skills. Okay, that's only partially true. We're also staying home this week because Diego isn't the only one who needs a break from all the hustle and bustle. I need it, too. I just want to relax, play with the boys, and get caught up on the house.
So far, this week has been pretty nice. We've played outside a ton, which I just love. I wasn't much of an outdoorsy person when I was growing up. I always preferred being inside, in the comfort of my home. Unless we were going to be "outside" at the beach, I didn't really understand the point of being outdoors in the hot hot sun. But now, I love love love being outside and breathing fresh air. It just instantly lifts my mood. The weather was perfect today, which made it even better. Seriously, our backyard is a few degrees cooler than the rest of the county. It always feels great out there because it's shaded by two big trees.
After about an hour of playing outside today, some bees showed up. And I'm afraid of bees, so I made the boys come inside. But it wasn't a big deal because Diego got a kick out of playing grocery store with me. It was hilarious to hear him counting out money and pretending I was the cashier. He cracks me up with some of the things he says.
Celo is not in such good spirits today. Last night, he had a fever of 103. Today he has had a fever on and off, but not as high. He's been miserable. He doesn't know what he wants. He wants me to hold him, then he doesn't want me to hold him, he wants to drink something, but then he throws his cup, he wants to eat, but then he just plays with his food. I don't know how to comfort him! But his puppy does. He just wants to cuddle his puppy. I think Diego is starting to get jealous of the puppy. He used to never even look at it, but now he always tries to take it away from Celo. Last night, they were playing in Celo's room, and I heard Diego toss the puppy into the crib and say, "Ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaa, you'll never get your puppy now!" With this evil laugh! He did the same thing to Marcelo (big M) the other day. He took a truck from him and said the same line, in the same "bad guy" voice. Marcelo and I almost died laughing. I have no idea where he got that.
So, it's back to reality in our house. No more Christmas decorations, no more extra sugary treats, no more skipping naps to go on day trips with family, no more rushing around. Now it's just a sick baby, a bored little boy, a tired mommy and daddy, and a very messy kitchen. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Tell me about it! We are having some serious sleep issues over here. So not fun. Glad you uys had a great Christmas. Seems liek such a fun family to be a part of.
I'll give another Amen to that. I am sitting in a dirty house that will not stay clean no matter what efforts I put in because I am trying to get my kids back on some kind of normal routine. I haven't read any blogs for a months so I took some time to read over the month, it looked like fun! How about a get together when the kids get well?
I'm not sure if you were kidding or not about the line from Diego when he steals things but just in case... that comes straight from Swiper's mouth on Dora...Hailey used to do the same thing, ha ha.
Post a Comment