Lately, Celo and Diego have said some funny things, and my dad suggested I write them down before I forget, so here I am. "Writing them down."
Diego: Mommy, where's Tato? (My dad.)
Me: He's playing golf.
Diego: When I'm older, I want to play golf like Tato. When I'm older and have no hair like Tato."
Me: (Cracking up.)
Diego: What? Tato has no hair.
Me: Celo, we're going to do something fun today.
Celo: Fun Tata's house! (He's obsessed with going to Tata's house.)
Me: Is that all you think about??
Celo: Tink about Tata's car.
No mom, I don't just think about her house. I think about her car. I think about her face. I think about her backyard. You can't fight a love like theirs.
Some more:
- Lately, we've had a lot of rain. Every single time it starts to rain, Celo screams, "It's waining again!"
- Diego is in love with windshield wipers. Whenever it looks like it's going to rain, he gets so excited and says, "We're going to have to turn on our wipers!" One day, he told my mom that the reason it rains is because "Heavenly Father wants everyone to turn on their wipers."
- Celo is constantly saying that things are "kerfect". (Perfect.) He says it at the weirdest times. One day, we were driving through my in-laws' neighborhood, and someone had put some trees on the side of the road. Marcelo pulled over to push the trees out of the road so no one would hit them. As soon as he finished situating them so they weren't in the road, Celo said, "Dere. It's kerfect." Also, when I finish putting his shoes on him, he looks at his feet and says, "Dere. It's kerfect." He says it for everything.
- We were playing a boardgame the other night at my aunt's house and Diego was watching us. My cousin wrote Diego's name down as "Jegs" which is one of his nicknames. I said, "Diego, your name is on the board!" He looked at it all confused and then said, "But Mommy, Diego is D-I-E-G-O."
- Celo has changed Diego's name so many times in the past few months. He's been Kay-ko, Chay-cho, Jay-go, and now he's D-go.
- The boys got to hang out with Tio Dabit for the past week and a half. But he is no longer Tio Dabit. He's Tio David to Diego, and D-bad to Celo.
- Celo likes to say, "Don't DO dat!" It's cute and obnoxious all at the same time.
But isn't that how kids are at this age? Cute and obnoxious all at the same time. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment