My poor neglected blog. I haven't had time for blogging this month. I started a new job, which means all my computer time goes to working. (Okay, not all. Who am I kidding? But most.) And the job is writing, so by the time I'm done, I really don't feel like writing any more. Therefore, my blog gets ignored.
But I had to come on here to write what happened yesterday.
Diego and Celo were being crazy and fighting and all that typical kid stuff. I was in a foul mood, so when the boys ran out of the living room, I got on all fours and then dropped my head and arms down onto the ground and tried to say a little prayer. (For patience. Obviously.) Diego came running back into the room and saw me laying there and immediately dropped to my side. He said, "Mommy! What happened? Should I call the police?"
I almost died laughing.
A few months ago, when I was in the middle of all my health issues, I had a lot days where I felt like I would faint. So I thought that it would maybe be a good idea to teach Diego how to call the police in case of an emergency. I told him, "If Mommy is ever on the ground with her eyes closed and you can't wake her up, call 911." Trust me, I felt horrible having that conversation with him, but he really didn't seem bothered by it. We practiced a few times but then we never spoke of it again. So when he came into the room and said that yesterday, I totally wasn't expecting it.
PS, My prayer was answered, because after that funny moment, I was in a much better mood.
8 years ago

5 comments:
Hahah! That's great! But also that is amazing that he remembers and you obviously taught him something very important. Cute boy. :)
How funny! I need to have that talk with Keyleigh but don't know quite how to do it. Speaking of your health issues, how did your DEXA scan turn out?
That's so awesome! Diego is so smart, he remembers stuff so well! Good job mommy
If he forgets how to dial 911, Megan can do it for him. She dialed it when she was 2. Was I surprised to see a police officer at the door!
What's the new job?
Post a Comment