Here's my preschooler wearing his favorite color:
And here he is showing off his "All About Me" book. (As well as our newly stuccoed house! Yay!) 


This month, Parenting magazine had an article about preschool, written by an anonymous preschool teacher. She gives parents a few tips/comments that I found funny. I thought I'd share my favorties.
1. School clothes can--and should--be playclothes. No one here will judge you unkindly if your child doesn't look like she just stepped out of a Polo ad.
2. I'm sure your child is gifted. My three children are all gifted, too. Shall I tell you about them? In mind-numbing detail? Wait, I think I may have a video here on my phone that you can watch--it's only 12 minutes long.
3. Now that your child is verbal, it might be a good time to get a lock for your bedroom door and use it. Your son told his friends quite a story about his nighttime wanderings--illustrated with our career dolls--and it's really very awkward to have those images of Ms. Banker and Mr. Plumber flashing before my eyes every time I talk to you.
4. You do not need to give me a holiday gift. I will love your child no matter what. But if you do, skip the regifted Santa that swivels his hips and plays "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". And I really, really don't need any more scented candles.
5. Understand other children as you do your own (okay, at least make an effort). When another child is having some behavioral problems, contain the smug disapproval. Your child isn't perfect either.
6. Please don't ever tell your child to bite back.
7. Don't allow your child to come to school in plastic high-heeled shoes. Ever. Even if she screams.
8. A Nutella sandwich, a chocolate milk, and cookies is not a lunch. It is a small dessert buffet.
9. Please tell me the appeal of those yogurt-squirting tubes, and if you can't, then consider another way to get your child his calcium.
10. If you're already late for pick-up, take the time to change out of your workout clothes first.
And here he is showing off his "All About Me" book. (As well as our newly stuccoed house! Yay!) 


This month, Parenting magazine had an article about preschool, written by an anonymous preschool teacher. She gives parents a few tips/comments that I found funny. I thought I'd share my favorties.
1. School clothes can--and should--be playclothes. No one here will judge you unkindly if your child doesn't look like she just stepped out of a Polo ad.
2. I'm sure your child is gifted. My three children are all gifted, too. Shall I tell you about them? In mind-numbing detail? Wait, I think I may have a video here on my phone that you can watch--it's only 12 minutes long.
3. Now that your child is verbal, it might be a good time to get a lock for your bedroom door and use it. Your son told his friends quite a story about his nighttime wanderings--illustrated with our career dolls--and it's really very awkward to have those images of Ms. Banker and Mr. Plumber flashing before my eyes every time I talk to you.
4. You do not need to give me a holiday gift. I will love your child no matter what. But if you do, skip the regifted Santa that swivels his hips and plays "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". And I really, really don't need any more scented candles.
5. Understand other children as you do your own (okay, at least make an effort). When another child is having some behavioral problems, contain the smug disapproval. Your child isn't perfect either.
6. Please don't ever tell your child to bite back.
7. Don't allow your child to come to school in plastic high-heeled shoes. Ever. Even if she screams.
8. A Nutella sandwich, a chocolate milk, and cookies is not a lunch. It is a small dessert buffet.
9. Please tell me the appeal of those yogurt-squirting tubes, and if you can't, then consider another way to get your child his calcium.
10. If you're already late for pick-up, take the time to change out of your workout clothes first.

4 comments:
Love the tips! That last one is such an accurate description of half the Pre-K moms here, just switch pjs for the sweats. Glad to see Diego is enjoying school!
I read this tips in the magazine, too. So funny--and so true!
I want to see pics of the house!
I read this, too! I thought some of them were hilarious. My favorite one is about changing out of your gym cloths if you're late. There's a kid at Keyleigh's class that his mom is just like this!
But I love Go-Gurts!
Post a Comment