I'm in the mood to post a pregnancy update. This whole post is basically for me. I'm pretty sure it's immensly boring to everyone else. But I want to document some of the little things about this pregnancy. I'll start with the funny kid stuff and then move on to the more boring stuff. Feel free to skip this!
Kiddos:
Diego and Celo have really made this pregnancy a lot of fun. They say such cute things! Diego is convinced we're having a girl. Here are a few things he has said about it:
~"Heavenly Father needs to send me a girl because I already have a boy."
~While out shopping, he pointed at some girly toys and said, "Look! We need to get this for our girl baby." I interrupted with, "But we don't know if it's a girl." He just looked at me like I was soooo dense and said, "It's a girl."
~While hugging my belly: "(Big sigh.) I'm sooo happy Heavenly Father is giving me a baby sister."
He even has Celo convinced. One day Celo asked me when it's going to be his birthday and I said, "Not until after our new baby is born." He said, "My baby sistah?"
I am VERY concerned that these kids will be very very disappointed if they end up getting a baby brother! We'll find out in a week!
Other gems from Diego:
~"Mommy, is the baby going to be a good listener for Family Home Evening? Or is she going to be loud?"
~"I don't want a boy because he'll grow up and be big." I informed him that a girl would also grow up and get bigger, and he said, "But will she take my toys?"
~Diego is very concerned that the baby is in my tummy and that there is also water in my tummy. He said, "Is the baby swimming? But she's going to be scared!"
~If he accidentally bumps into me, he rubs my belly and kisses it and says, "Sorry, Baby."
~I started feeling the baby kick a few weeks ago. One night, I tried to get Diego to feel it, but he wasn't patient enough to stand there and wait for it. Soon after that he started telling me there was a puppy in his tummy. He'd say, "Come here quick! The puppy is kicking!" And would push his belly out. Crazy kid.
~He even has a name picked out. I won't share the girl name just yet. But the boy name is darling and I think we might just use it: McQueen. ;)
Cravings:
I eat toast with cream cheese and strawberry jam every single morning without fail. One morning, at about 15 weeks, I made oatmeal for the kids and decided to have some myself. It came back up immediately. (That was the only time I've been unable to keep food down this whole pregnancy.) I haven't strayed from toast with cream cheese and jelly ever since. On weekends Marcelo jokingly asks, "What do you want for breakfast?" He knows the answer is always the same. My eating habits are more unhealthy than they've ever been. I do squeeze in some fruits and veggies everyday, but I usually just want junk. Pizza, french fries, cookies, pretty much any kind of sweets. That's very different from my other pregnancies where I constantly craved blueberries, cherries, salads, and tuna fish.
Emotional Stuff:
I haven't once felt scared about having another baby. With Diego, I was so scared about how my life would change. I didn't know what I was in for. With Celo, I had no idea what I was going to do with two babies. Diego was still so little! I was terrified of having two kids. This time I just feel ready. Of course I have a few concerns, like what those first few sleepless months will be like, but overall I'm really excited!
Physical Stuff:
This pregnancy has been soooo different from the others. I don't know if it's because I'm older, if it's because I had such a bad year of health before this pregnancy, if it just gets harder with each pregnancy, or if this baby is a different sex, but this one has been hard!! I used to be all, "I love being pregnant! Pregnancy is the best! Once the first trimester is over, I don't even feel pregnant besides the kicking and the growing belly!" Now I could punch that version of me.
Okay, that's not true. Honestly, I'm glad I experienced such good pregnancies the first two times. Otherwise, I wouldn't be having a third. And I'm still holding on to the hope that this one will get better with time. Right now I'm still having moments of nausea, I'm having sciatic nerve pain, my back aches, I can't get a full night's sleep, I've gained three times the amount of weight that I had gained by this point in my other pregnancies, and I get at least one headache per day. Not that I'm complaining. :) It's a blessing and totally worth it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Dude, these pregnancy updates are pointless without belly pics.
(Not really but kinda sorta)
Seriously. C's right. Pics.
And I am here to tell you that the third pregnancy is a crapshoot. It's SO different. I was in pain from like day 1. But, the baby part is awfully worth it. And I hope you get a girl for your boys' sakes, but man, three boys would be a hoot.
I love all the stuff the boys have been saying. So cute! Sorry you're feeling so bad. My third was the same. I hope it gets better soon.
sorry your having it rough big sis
Post a Comment