Friday, August 10, 2012

3am

Well hello 3am, we meet again. I'm sitting here in my recliner, aka my bed for the first 2 weeks post partum, nursing my newborn babe. Normally I would try to stay half asleep during these feedings, but the pain is making that tough. So I installed blogger on my cell phone so I would have something to do tonight. Have I mentioned how much I love this phone? It's just so...smart! Since Marcelo and I are currently zombies, I put a daily to do list on my phone and that's seriously the only way we're remembering things.

So yeah, nursing is off to a rough start. Engorgement + plugged ducts + baby taking her time learning how to latch = a very uncomfortable mama. But at this point it's only the first 25 seconds per side that is excruciating. I just count through it and then it stops hurting. I can handle 25 seconds. Hopefully it goes down to 0 soon.

All these issues plus my c section recovery have made me think a lot about the sacrifices women make to be moms. I look down at my baby girl and think, "it's a good thing you're so worth it." Regardless of how our babies get here, or how we choose to feed them, we all make big sacrifices for our babies. Even when our "babies" are 29 years old, recovering from a c section and trying to care for 4 kids of their own, we continue to make sacrifices for them. Talking about my mom here. This is a good place to stop because I'm tearing up (what else is new these days) and baby girl just fell asleep.



No comments: