Monday, August 27, 2012

Up All Night

I have GOT to get this child to sleep better. My brain and body really need it. She goes long stretches (4 hours) but when she's up, she's up for 2 hours. This is happening consistently. I've been up feeding her since 2 and it is now 3:56. Celo and Eliana slept through the night at 6 weeks. Camila is only halfway there. Will I luck out a third time? Please oh please.

Yes, the lack of sleep really gets to me, but I still love this phase. I can't believe she'll be 4 weeks old this week. I'm excited to start seeing rolls and cute baby smiles and coos, but I'm going to forever miss the amazing feeling of sleepy newborn cuddles. That's why I let Mila sleep in my arms and on my chest way more often than I should if I want her to sleep better in her bassinet!

I can't express enough how much Eliana adores her. When she came home from church today (yesterday?) the first thing she said was, "see baby!" Celo loves to give her kisses and hugs, too. Between him and Eliana, they gave Camila her first cold this week. A three week old baby with a runny nose is a sad thing. She's already doing better, though.

I keep looking at the clock and thinking that the boys will be up in two and a half hours. Thank goodness Marcelo, who is sound asleep next to me, can take them to school. How on earth am I going to do it when he starts going to work early again?? How am I going to roll out of bed after a night of no sleep and get 4 kids fed and out the door by 7:40?? Somehow it'll happen, I guess.

Alright Camila...go to sleep, baby.

*Update: It was almost 5 when she finally crashed. Stinker.

No comments: