Monday, June 2, 2008

Wasting time...

I should be doing any of the things listed below:
  • Cleaning the kitchen
  • Tidying up the disaster of a living room that looks like the toy box threw up
  • Planning my food storage enrichment lesson
  • Sending pics to my uncle
  • Doing laundry

But I don't feel like it. I just need 5 minutes to sit here, eat chocolate, and type.

Diego took a step backwards this week in the potty training department. We were really busy and had things to do and places to go every single day. So, being the coward that I am, I was too scared to put regular undies on him knowing that we would be out and about so much. So he wore pull-ups basically all week. Well, he's a smart cookie and knows that pull-ups mean accidents aren't really a big deal. Therefore, he only told me he needed to go when he felt like it. That means he was only going on the potty like 40% of the time. I guess I should just be happy he went at all, but after 4 days of zero accidents, I was hoping to continue seeing progress. Oh well. It's a new week. He wore undies today up until nap time, and had 1 accident, and like 4 successes. (He drank a lot this morning.) Hopefully he tells Grandma tonight when she's watching him. Marcelo and I are going food storage shopping. I'm actually really excited about it. I'm a nerd.

Also, I've started to notice that Diego is no longer very gung ho about speaking Spanish. I even think his understanding of it has lessened. It's such a bummer after seeing how much he was understanding and speaking after being with my grandparents so much. Now when I try to get him to repeat things, he seems like he doesn't want to. So I've decided I need to step it up and speak to him in Spanish, at least until Marcelo gets home at the end of the day. I can't just rely on my mom to teach him. He doesn't see her enough. Of course it helps a ton that she only speaks Spanish to him, but it's not enough. I did pretty well today. The problem is that I seriously just forget to do it. I'll switch to English without realizing it and then an hour later I'm like, oh yeah, I was supposed to be speaking Spanish. Maybe I should put up little signs as reminders. I don't know, but I've got to do it because it's making me so sad that he's forgetting stuff. It would be a total waste for me to not teach him Spanish. It can only benefit him, so I've got to suck up the fact that it makes me have to think harder, and just do it.

Okay, okay, I'll go clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nathaly! Sorry I am so darn slow with my email responses.. Melissa emailed me your fun blog like a week ago! Okay, my blog is www.mcjosie.blogspot.com, and my email is michaelandcheryl@hotmail.com. I saw Sarah H. and Ryan V. last weekend and Valerie last night. FUN! Your boys are BEAUTIFUL. :-)