If you need to be uplifted, read A Daily Scoop. I feel like my whole outlook has changed just by reading this amazing woman's story. Thanks Alisa for telling me about her. I'm trying to stop taking things for granted and enjoy the moment more. I'm also trying to be better at nurturing myself spiritually, so I can be an example and a strength to my boys like this lady undoubtedly is to her daughters.
Sometimes people act like they feel sorry for me because I don't have a girl. Those people obviously have never been the mother to a boy. If they were, they wouldn't say such silly things because they would know how amazing it is to be the mother of little men. Boys are so fun! They are funny, mischevious, and can be so sweet. They melt my heart. And then there's the incredible part, which is knowing that you're the mother of a future priesthood holder. That's quite the responsibility. I hope that besides allowing them to be lizard-chasing, bike riding, racecar obsessed boys' boys, I can raise them to be worthy priesthood holders, missionaries, and wonderful husbands and fathers.
I always wanted a house full of boys. Maybe because I was raised with 2 brothers, and was frequently the only girl in the room when their friends were over. My ideal family would be 3 boys and a girl. But who knows what the Lord has in store for us? All I know is that for now, I love having boys. So don't feel sorry for me. :)
**Edited to add that this post does not mean I feel sorry for people who don't have boys. I know that every mother is happy with whatever gender HF decides to bless them with. And those of you raising girls, raise some good ones because my boys are going to need some good girls to marry!

4 comments:
I'm so sorry you don't have any girls!
Ok, totally kidding, I'm actually jealous of your cute little men. They are so adorable. But I'd be happy with just girls too, you know?
Yeah, Manda, I guess you can't help but fall in love with your kids, no matter their gender, lol. I hope this post didn't sound like I think it's sad when people don't have boys, because that's not what I meant at all. I think having girls would be just as wonderful. I just hate when people can't believe it's possible for someone to be happy or "complete" if they don't have a girl. Or a boy, for that matter.
They are sooooo cute! Seriously, they are going to be studs when they get older :) Watch out ladies! (Hey wait, Manda has 2 girls, you have 2 boys.....) lol.
Ah...I love having my one boy (soon to be 2)...and I think I've decided if I'm blessed w/ only boys--I'd be okay with that! Boys are so fun!
Post a Comment