Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day

We had a pretty busy 4th of July. In the morning, we ran a 3K. And by "ran" I mean, Marcelo ran, coming in 5th place, and I walked and pushed the stroller, coming in at number 62. And I was out of breath and my face was purple.

Next we took the kids to the beach with my parents. Amazingly, little Marcelo didn't eat any sand! Big Marcelo is another story. (Kidding.) Here are some pictures from our day at the beach:




I love this picture. He thought getting splashed in the face was hilarious.

I couldn't get any pictures of Diego looking up. He was way too busy for his wannabe photographer mommy, regardless of the fact that she was risking the well-being of her camera by squatting into the ocean, trying to get just one cute shot!

In the late afternoon, we had a BBQ at Marcelo's aunt's house. There were 19 kids, ages 13 to 2 months. They had a blast. They swam in the pool and rode their little tractors around the front lawn. Diego has become quite the expert driver. Again, no pictures of him, though. Just this one of Marcelito trying to drink the pool water.

By 9pm we were exhausted, so we skipped the fireworks. Diego was almost falling asleep on our 5 minute drive home from Tia Juany's house. He was sitting there staring at his Thomas movie, with this angry little tired face. I said, "Look, Diego, see the fireworks in the sky??" He looked up for a split second, then looked back at his movie, and with angry little furrowed brows, he said, "Noooo. Uh-uh. Stop talking!" I tried so hard to not crack up so he wouldn't think it was funny to tell mommy to stop talking. When we got home, I tried to unbuckle him and I said, "Come on! Let's look at the fireworks!" (We could see some from our front lawn.) Again his response was, "Stop talking!" When I told my mom this story, she said, "Hmmm, sounds like someone I know that I used to have to wake up for seminary." I have no idea what she's talking about.

2 comments:

Jae said...

Hahaha .... seminary... what goes around comes around Nat! lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ethan tells us, "don't talk to me!"--like all the time!