So I had the lump taken out yesterday. I'm not going to lie: I was terrified going in. Not about the actual surgery or about the recovery. I was scared about the anesthesia. After my 2nd c-section experience, I can't help but be a little aprehensive about anesthesia. So, to the annoyance of the nurse who was prepping me, I read the entire anesthesia form, instead of skimming and signing like I used to do. The part that stood out: Complications could include heart attack, stroke, failure or damage to organs such as the liver, kidneys, BRAIN, and even death. Not comforting at all. Did you know that 1 in 250,000 people DIE under general anesthesia??
I know, I'm a total spaz. But I made it. I'm alive and well. The only pain I had to complain about yesterday was my throat. They shoved a breathing tube down my throat during the surgery, and it left my throat super scratchy and sore. My voice is still pretty raspy today, but my throat feels much better. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty well. I'm just a little sore, and can't lift my arm up or lift my kids. Thankfully, my mom has been a huge help.
As for the lump, it got sent to pathology and I should be getting the results relatively soon. They're pretty sure it's benign, but I still want to know exactly what it is. Once I get the results, you better believe my old OBGYN who said, "Breastfeeding is supposed to hurt," and ignored me when I was crying in his office in pain, will be receiving a nasty letter from me. Oh, and my husband. Marcelo informed me last night that he wants to be the one to write the letter.
So that's the story. Goodbye, evil painful lump. Maybe breastfeeding won't suck next time. (Nice choice of words, right?)
8 years ago

4 comments:
I didn't know you were having surgery! I'm glad it all got taken care of. You should post what you tell your doctor though. He's a spaz. Maybe next time he starts BFing, he can actually tell you how it is.
Yeah, where have I been?? I didn't know you were having surgery. Dumb ole' Dr. #1
I'm so glad you are feeling ok, and that the whole thing is behind you. Aaaand, on a side note that you don't have to buy formula anymore.
Happy recovering!
Oh Nat- I'm so glad it's out! Hurrah!
I am glad it's over for you and i didn't know you were having surgery either.
Post a Comment