Friday, May 11, 2012

26 Weeks


When I was pregnant with Diego, I took a picture every 2 weeks starting at 18 weeks. This time around, my first shot is at 26 weeks. My how things change.

Pregnancy update: This little one moves a lot, especially when I lay down at night. I looove feeling her kick and wiggle. Also, I've started getting heartburn. Not as bad as with Eliana, which leads me to believe that Baby Girl #2 has less hair than her Rapunzel big sis. My back aches allll the time. That hasn't happened until 8 or 9 months the other times. And the top of my belly aches whenever I sit for more than 15 minutes, making me feel like I have to stretch it out. It's weird how much more achy I feel this time around. It's a reminder that I'm not 22 anymore. The jeans I'm wearing in the picture above are the only item of maternity clothing that I did not get rid of after I had Eliana. I loooved these jeans in my other pregnancies and wore them up until the end. This time, however, I'll probably get to wear them for another week or so and then it's just going to get dangerous. I could bust a seam. None of this is a complaint, I promise. Just recording little tidbits about this pregnancy.

I'm pretty sure my memory will never recover after this. I am unbelievably forgetful. The other day, I was asked what kind of car I was driving and I completely forgot the name of the car. It was Marcelo's Lincoln LS and my mind just went blank. I was like...um, it's white...an Infinity? No, that's not it. I'm fairly certain I used to be intelligent.

We have exactly zero names picked out. It's possible that I'm in denial that I have to choose a name. My days are so full and busy that I just don't even think about it! Maybe in the summer when I'm not running around on a crazy schedule I'll start to think about it some more. But honestly, I doubt that I'll stress about it too much until a couple of weeks before my scheduled c-section date. I'd like to go to the hospital with a handful of names to choose from. And even then, I might just let the boys decide. They're super opinionated about it and I don't have my heart set on a name, so why not? I really just don't know this time around. I had a dream that I had her (she had a good amount of light brown hair) and I was holding her and saying, "What's your name?? Tell me your name!!" My c-sec will probably be no later than August 3rd, so no matter what, she'll have to have a name by August 6th-ish when I leave the hospital. So no need to stress about it today!

1 comment:

Kelly Florenz said...

you are SO beautiful, Sister! Thank you for posting a belly pic. I'll be sure to post one as soon as mine doesn't look like a food baby. can't get over how pretty you are! love you!