Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Pictures

I woke up Sunday morning to the my boys pulling the overs off of me at 7:42 saying, "Mommy! Wake up! Happy Mother's Day! We made you breakfast! 7:42 is 42 minutes longer than I usually get to sleep during the week. On weekends sometimes they let me sleep 'till 8am...occasionally 8:30. But on Mother's Day they were too excited to start the day. Eliana came in right after them and said, "Hiiii Mommy! Mere! Bekfast!" I LOVE how she says "Come here." She motions with her hand and says, "Mere." It's adorable. 

I sat down at the table, which they had decorated with their drawings of flowers, a little vase with flowers they picked, and cards they made for me. I was served a delicious fruit salad drizzled with condensed milk, and a glass of orange/pineapple juice. Marcelo knows that he must stop me from trying to eat eggs this pregnancy because every time I've tried, I've gotten sick. After the last episode I asked him to stop me the next time I wanted them, so with that in mind, he made a yummy egg-less breakfast. He bought fruit that we never get because it's just so pricey, and we discovered that Eliana, Miss-I-Hate-All-Fruit, is actually just high class and loves blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. So basically any fruit that comes in a tiny container and costs $3.98. 

After breakfast the kids gave me the gifts they picked out: A basket from Diego (he knows I like to organize things), a "book" bag from Celo (for when we go to the library to pick out books), and a bar of chocolate from Eliana (she shares my love for it). Marcelo gave me a beautiful card and a promise to finish our fence. :)  It was great!

When we were ready for church, I asked Marcelo to take a picture, and he did so without a single grumble, which is in and of itself a present to me. The boys were so willing to sit and smile. Eliana, not so much. But just LOOK at her dress and silver shoes. Oh my goodness. My mom bought it for her. I love it.

Then the boys were like, "Let's do a kissing picture!" Eliana fought it at first but finally gave in and allowed her brother to kiss her cheek. And now this is one of my new favorite pictures.

Then I handed the camera to Diego and had him take this picture. He was soooo excited to get to hold my camera, since that never ever happens. He said, "Maybe I'm ready for a new camera." Um, no, my little 6 year old. Keep dreaming. He did a great job, though. Even if Marcelo and I looked at this picture and saw our ages glaring back at us. And the 23 pounds I've gained thus far. I have 11 weeks of pregnancy left, so I will surely be passing my record of 28 pounds gained. 

And this was my present to myself. I went out on Saturday night and bought what I needed to do my own version of a project that I saw on pinterest. It looks better in person. The frame is dark brown, and the scrapbook paper inside matches perfectly with the back splash in our kitchen. I've already started using it and I love it! Hopefully it will help me be less forgetful and more organized. I posted it on pinterest and so far it's been pinned 83 times. That was fun to see. Now we'll just see how long it'll take me to tackle my next project which is frames for the toy room so the kids can display their art. Diego is dying to play with my dry erase board so I want to hurry and work on something for him so he doesn't touch mine! Plus I've been promising them since we moved into this house that I would give them a place to display their artwork in the toy room. That was a year ago. 
Lastly, we went over to my aunt-in-law's house after church to celebrate with Marcelo's side of the family. (My mom is out of town.) It was great to be with family and eat good food. I'm so grateful for my mom, mother-in-law, and the gift of being a mom!

No comments: