Last Sunday the boys did the cutest thing. They woke us up at 7:30 (that wasn’t the cute part) and whispered, “You have to get up! We have a surprise for you!” They were so excited, so we rolled out of bed and walked into the living room to find this:
They exclaimed, “We made you breakfast! And we decorated the table! Surprise!” It was a giant mess, but so very sweet! I took the above picture with no flash so you could get the full effect of the “ambiance.” They turned on just the living room lamps for a romantic feel. I’m guessing that was Diego’s idea since he’s just like my mom and loves all things romantic, like candlelit dinners and relaxing background music. He had his CD player playing a lullaby CD that we used to play for him when he was a baby. That boy is going to make some girl very happy one day, haha! Now for the details:
The table had several of the latest books we’ve gotten from the library on display. They’re mostly dog books. Like, dog encyclopedias. They’re obsessed. They made little block tower centerpieces and a basket full of toy balls and easter eggs. They also put out the straw holder….I guess in case we needed more straws in our cups? They put out their new garage sale finds: Zhu zhu pets. And they put out colorful paper as placemats. The finishing touch was that so we would know where we were supposed to sit, they put out our sunglasses. You can see mine right above the white phone. They gave us each a phone (mine was real, Marcelo’s was not), in case we needed to “make a phone call”. In the bottom corner of the page you can see a while sheet of paper. It said, “You may draw whatever you want.”
They thought of everything. Here is the itinerary: “Prary (Pray), Sog (Song), Eat, Game, Raed (Read), Get Redy (Get Ready), Go to cerch (Go to church).” Next to “cerch” it said, “I don’t know how to spell this.” Diego is so funny.
For breakfast we had a piece of bread that they picked at and made a smile on, a cookie, and a cupcake with sprinkles to share. I made the cupcakes the night before, so they got a couple out and poured sprinkles on them. No icing. Marcelo and I asked if we could toast the bread and they said, “Yes! We didn’t want to do it because we didn’t want to get burned.” Good thinking.
It was such a sweet surprise and I want to remember what my thoughtful boys did forever. They even pulled Eliana’s chair over and had a cup and bread out for her so she wouldn’t be left out. These are the moments that make the harder days worth it. We didn’t have time to do everything on their itinerary before church, but we made up for it after. And you better believe that when it was all over I made them clean it up.

No comments:
Post a Comment