My mom put together a baby shower for me last weekend. She's aware that etiquette says that the mother isn't really supposed to be the one to do that, but since it was going to be just family and a couple of Colombian friends, she decided to do it anyway. Everything turned out so cute and I was so so grateful for all the love my baby girl was given!
These little babies on the party favors were adorable. My mom got them in Colombia when she was there last month.

There is a story behind these chocolate dipped marshmallows involving a cake ball attempt gone wrong. They still turned out really cute. :)

My dad came to the rescue and went out and got this cake when cake ball attempt went sour. Let the record show that "Sweet Baby Girl" had no name.

This was a huge surprise. My grandma crocheted this blanket and sent it in time for the shower. It's beautiful and I love it!

Thanks to my mom for making it a special day. I should have taken pictures of the delicious food. I also should have taken pictures of the fun activity we did. Instead of games we made hair bows for my little girl. My money is on her being born bald, but we'll see! I really wish I had taken pictures of all the cute bows people made. When you are the family photographer, no one else brings a camera, and I was having too much fun just enjoying the day and forgot to document it better.

Five inch heels and 9 months pregnant? Don't mind if I do. My feet were killing me at the end of the night, but dang it, it's an addiction and I just can't break it. Notice my parents changed the decor of their living room. The wall used to be brick/terra cotta colored and had little Colombian houses on it. I loooove the new green color.
My good friend Vanessa threw me a shower for the English speaking women in my life. Yes, we segregate. I am so mad at myself because I didn't bring my camera and I forgot to ask anyone to take any pictures!! It was super fun and the food was so yummy. We played a funny question game and she surprised me with a little interview she did with Marcelo beforehand. His answers were so funny and it was nice to see that we were on the same page overall! She also made me an awesome thing to hold hair clips that I've been wanting to make for a long time. I looove it! I'll take a picture of it soon.
When I got home I told Marcelo how bummed I was about forgetting to take my camera, so he took this one of me to at least document a cute pregnant outfit, haha. I spend most of my days looking like quite the frump, but let's let posterity think otherwise:
I feel so blessed to have such great family and friends! I now have all the things I was missing for my baby girl and it's such a relief to feel more ready for her to arrive.






No comments:
Post a Comment