Friday, July 20, 2012

Holiday Week

I have so much blogging to catch up with and so little time! I should be running errands right now but I keep putting it off. Going to buy paint with the three kids does not sound as good as sitting here and catching up on a few posts while they play oh so nicely in the toy room.

We did Holiday Week on the week of the 4th, and we covered Easter, Halloween, Christmas, and Independence Day. For our Easter activity we did an Easter egg hunt with clues. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't take pictures. Each egg had a little clue that said something like, "Your next egg is somewhere Mommy cooks." Then they'd find that egg in the oven. That egg would say, "Your next egg is where you put your dirty clothes." and it would be in their hamper, and so on. They loved it.

For our Halloween activity, they just dressed up in all their dress up clothes. Diego just wanted to wear his "Zumba Instructor" clothes, which consist of a comfy pair of pants and a sleeveless athletic shirt. And wristbands. Gotta have the wristbands. That has pretty much been his uniform all summer, just like the dinosaur shirt Celo is wearing in these pictures has been. That's all they want to wear.

For Independence Day, we did poppers, sparklers, and decorated our front lawn with American flags. Then we went to see Fireworks with all the cousins. Here are Angela and Danielle's sparkler stars:


And here are all the cousins on the back of Uncle Jerry's truck watching the fireworks. Angela and Danielle are at the top, Leilani is hidden behind Diego and Reagan, Gabriella is hidden behind Juliana and Isabella, in front of Diego is Vivi, Lina, Eliana, and Celo. Tia Juany is on the side.


Aunt Karen is on the left and Grandma is hugging Diego.

For our Christmas activity, I actually put the boys to work on something I had been meaning to do since, oh, Christmas. I have had a stack of Christmas books in my room since December that I wanted to wrap up so they can unwrap them each day in December this year. (Got the idea from my awesome friend Vanessa.) The kids wanted to learn how to wrap a present, so that's what we did! They did a great job.







With the leftover paper the boys wrapped up some of their toys and made "Christmas Trees" out of pillows. 

  

That was pretty much it. I had a cold all week and wasn't up for doing much more than that. They didn't seem to mind too much!

No comments: