My mom and my mother-in-law set up the decorations. If you can't tell from the picture, the tables had hay in the middle, with little farm animals. Check out how long the kid's table was!


My mom made cute little pig party favors for all the kids. As you can see, there were a lot of kids! Thank you, Mom, for taking the time to do that. You're the best!

I was kind of retarded and decided to make 3 cakes. I would have just chosen one, but the recipe book said each cake would feed 10, and we had more than 30 people there, so I made all three. I almost cried when ONE cake ended up being enough for everyone. Oh well, at least I have pictures, and I was able to get everyone to take some cake home. 


The four of us by the barn.
My "aunt" Angelita with my little cousin Sofia, my cousin Juliana and her baby Gaby, me and my little monkey who refused to stay still for the picture, and my cousin Andrea and her baby Lina.
Diego had so much fun driving the little tractor and riding the go-kart. I'm amazed at how well he drives it. He'll go around the whole loop by himself.

Grandpa took everyone on a tractor ride.
The kids rode the go-kart.
Marcelito sat and watched from the four wheeler. 

And then of course, there was cake. Marcelito loved it! He was a little hesitant at first, but then he got into it and made a mess. It was very different from Diego, who didn't want anything to do with his cake.


I was really happy with how everything turned out. Thank you again to Mike and Necha for letting us use their house, and thank you to everyone who came. I know I go over the top for my kids' first birthdays with fun decorations and whatever, so thank you for humoring me. What can I say? That's how they roll in Colombia.

8 comments:
oh my goodness, you always have the cutest parties!! I can't believe how awesome everything looks. Can I hire your party team to come out and do Owen's 1st??? Seriously, awesome. I'm in love with the cute cakes too.
Great party! I love the decorations and the cakes are awesome! and I can't believe you had 30 people for a 1st birthday party! that is so cool :)
It looks like so much fun. The cakes are so cute, even if you didn't HAVE to make them all. I love it. BTW, you are so beautiful! You looked amazing with your cute family.
Thanks, ladies!
Carolyn - Yeah, and it was allllll family.
Those cakes are so cute, i love them! It really all turned out great. You are awesome!!
Looks like a fun party, Great idea! I love the cakes, it is inspiring me to try and make a cute cake one of these years.
Nat, this is sooo late. Forgive me! Your party was too cute for words. Your little boys are so lucky to have such a good momma.
Seriously, cute!
Post a Comment